Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Oracle Card for September

I recently purchased The Halloween Oracle by Stacey DeMarco, and I fell in love with it immediately. Since I am not really a divination blog, I thought I would just keep it to one card a month, to kind of set the tone, and to help showcase this beautiful deck. I have always loved Halloween, and since embarking on a pagan spiritual path, I now can understand why. I have always been enthralled by the depths of the mind, what really makes people tick. This dark part of the year is one of introspection, and a time to really take inventory of yourself, since activities around this time tend to slow down, with the cold weather and all. Vampires and zombies and anything horror themed has always held my attention, because I view them as aspects of ourselves, sometimes what we wish we could be, and really unveil the taboo of human society. So with that, I bring to you, VAMPIRE:


Vampires have permeated almost every cultures lore. We all know them. They are those that wander the night, feeding off of the blood of unsuspecting victims, and sometimes, you turned in to them. There are various beliefs of how you could become one, anywhere from you being fed upon, to committing suicide. But either way, they became immortal. They have changed over time from hideous monsters (think Nosferatu), to elegant and desirable. At times, authors have even claimed that they could enter sunlight, while others keep them strictly out of the sun. I have always loved vampires, and those that know me can tell you that I would love to become one *sigh*. My very first tarot deck was The Vampire Tarot by Robert M. Place. 

So lets look at the card. We see a female vampire, holding a goblet of red liquid, which I can only assume is blood. She has a little trickle coming from the edge of her mouth, and the moon is full behind her, and the moon looks like those blood moons we get every so often. The phrase at the bottom of the card is Emotional Intelligence. 

Now, while many will dispute the existence of vampires (I am not saying they don't exist, for I have my own theories on them), many people have encountered a different for of Vampirism, that of the psychic kind. These people feed off of others energy, for many different reasons, but these people all leave us feeling drained afterwards. As the year is changing, we go from a bustling and fun filled summer, to a calmer and introspective winter. This is death, this is a memento mori. Now is the time to rebuild our energy stocks, after the draining spring and summer we might have had. Taking stock of everything in your life, it is time to get rid of that which does not serve you any longer, and to put it to sleep. Any self-doubt, draining relationships, preconceived notions and attitudes which are holding you back, or are affecting your life adversely, put it to rest. Now, you can't just put something away, and not fill it with anything. Fill those gaps with things which energize you, which allow you to be YOU more fully, and to express yourself. 

How will you this month take stock and release that which is holding you back? How will you replace those things with positive endeavors? How will you utilize the Vampire card in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment